Forum

Need some help to program Pleo

Início Fóruns Temas ou Discussões Need some help to program Pleo

A visualizar 4 artigos - de 1 a 4 (de um total de 4)
  • Autor
    Artigos
  • Adrian
    Convidado
    Número de artigos: 172

Hello ,

I have recently decided to get into Pleo RB programming and would very much appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers :).
    I have downloaded the PDK after getting a suggestion from a forum member, but being a first time programmer I really have no clue where to start.
    I know some forum members have made some skits and stuff and was wondering what programs they used?

Also, does anyone know if you can add facial recognition to Pleos? I’ve heard of people doing different things with the camera, but I have never heard of anyone using facial recognition. I was wondering if its possible? If anyone knows anything that could help a first time programmer I would really appreciate it if they could post it here :)
    Thank you all!

Tristan
    Convidado

Hi,

Sadly there aren’t many programmers left here on the forum but I’m sure one of them might pop up to answer your questions. I can tell you that- most likely- those who have created skits for their pleos used Skitter or Yart. I think IMR can educate you about one or both of them. Being blind they are completely in accessible to me but they’re motion-editing tools. There’s also something called Babe but I honestly have no idea what that one is or what it does. What I would love to see one day is a new, fully functional owner-created pleo personality- something like Dog’s Life for the Aibo.
    As far as the possibility of facial recognition, I imagine storing all of the various shadows and facial planes needed for actual recognition to work properly would require a lot of memory and I don’t think pleo has much in the way of extra space in its flash drive. Anyway, best of luck!
    Tristan

Bailee
    Convidado

Pleo’s camera is nowhere good enough to handle anything beyond simple colour recognition :(

I would start by having a play with YAPT and MySkit, that will help you get a feel for Pleo’s abilities. Bear in mind though that neither are fully compatible with RB’s.

adrian
    Convidado

if you need any help with MySkit just let me know, I have a tutorial on here somewhere if you need help getting started.

A visualizar 4 artigos - de 1 a 4 (de um total de 4)
  • Tem de iniciar sessão para responder a este tópico.

Início Fóruns Temas ou Discussões Need some help to program Pleo