Forum

Pile Cap Robot

Home Forums Temas ou Discussões Pile Cap Robot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to draw a pile cap in robot, model its piles as supports and then find the reactions at the supports depending on the loading conditions that I will apply on top of the pile cap.

I am providing some more information below:

The pile cap is a foundation of a bridge and is loaded at six locations where are the legs of the bridge. The pile cap is supported by 24no of steel piles (3 rows x 8 piles each). Attached is a sketch that may be helpful. I am not interested in the reinforcement of the pile cap or any other detail, I would only like to take the reactions at the supports.

As I have used robot only for simple steel structures so far, could you provide detailed guidance on the approach I should take for the above task?

Thanks for your time Wink

russellia

You can definitely model that in Robot. If your main goal is the reactions at the piles/supports, then you could simply use a panel element for the pile cap and model the piles AND piers as penetrations all linked with rigid links and respective support & load conditions.

See the video in the link below, its a step by step approach of exactly what you are after I think. Note, the video only shows the results in the panel (pile cap) but you can easily check the reaction at the nodes on the piles too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Temas ou Discussões Pile Cap Robot